claire lambert, fifth grade teacher
Mrs. Claire Lambert is a graduate of the University of Virginia with a Bachelor’s Degree in Studio Art and a Master Degree in Elementary Education. She completed her teaching internship in a kindergarten classroom in Frederick County, Virginia.
Mrs. Lambert grew up in Southwest Virginia where she had amazing teachers all the way from elementary through high school, who provided many examples of what it looks like to be a good teacher and friend to students; it was due to these experiences that Mrs. Lambert knew early on she wanted to be a teacher.
Mrs. Lambert and her husband recently moved to the Upper Peninsula and are now calling it home. Mrs. Lambert is also passionate about animals, the environment, art, reading, and teaching. It is her hope that her experiences and enthusiasm will enhance her teaching practice and encourage creativity and compassion from her students as well.
- Memorization of Scripture verses
- Memorize and recite The Angelus
- Know we are made in God’s image and likeness, with intellect and will (two powers of the soul), and that God wants us to live in communion with him but does not force us to do so
- Know sanctifying grace is how we share in God’s life and it is what makes us holy
- Know sin is any intentional thought, word, deed, or omission that breaks God’s law
- Study of the Saints
- Tales from the Odyssey
- Esperanza Rising
- Island of the Blue Dolphins
- Jackie Robinson
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes